Tuesday, January 5, 2010

day five

You know your car repair has gone terribly wrong when you find yourself calling your dad crying who in turn has to call his lawyer. Today Midas called us about an hour before our van was supposed to be ready. They said, 'your van is in pieces and if you ever want to see it again you must pay us an additional $250, oh yeah, your floors are in the back so we're holding those hostage also. Just for fun." Okay, this isn't an exact quote, but yeah, they pretty much pulled a fast one. After advice from the lawyer we ended up just agreeing to it. We could have said, "nevermind, we'll pay you $550 for the work already done and then go pay the dealership another $500 to do it, plus towing fees to get it there" but I mean, really? Yeah. I could have gone to pretty much any other place in the phone book and not been screwed over but that's okay. Lesson learned.


The mechanic completely offended me by saying, 'maybe your dad or husband could replace your brake pads. They're dead.' uhh, yeah. I realize I'm a girl and all but let's not make any assumptions. My husband knows nothing about cars and I used to work on them for a living. But that's cool. You've already jacked my money, you may as well insult me, too.

From 7:30- 9:30 I danced the night away with my kids. We had a blast. It was just what I needed. We turned off all the lights so the neighbors couldn't see us and we were as loud and crazy as we wanted to be!

7 comments:

wenderful January 5, 2010 at 11:28 PM  

You are such a fun mom! My kids would love it if I did that.
I'm sorry about your van. That really stinks. Really. They shouldn't be able to do that to anyone. Too bad there wasn't anything else you could do.

Unknown January 5, 2010 at 11:32 PM  

((hugs)) about the van. I hope things get worked out with less resistance ugh...

Sounds like you did a great job of distracting yourself with the kids. Totally fun!!!

Melissa January 6, 2010 at 1:13 AM  

Wow, I can't believe they did that to you. I hope that they will never be getting any of your business again!

Laurie January 6, 2010 at 9:48 AM  

That stinks! Car issues are the worst. Which reminds me....time for the 90000 tune up, blek!

allison January 6, 2010 at 11:56 AM  

Well, at least you redeemed the time spent being angry by having a blast with your kids. Hope today is better!

Melissa Weber January 6, 2010 at 2:16 PM  

So sorry to hear about the sucky Midas place. That stinks! Glad you cheered up by having some fun w/the kiddos, though.

merydwen January 8, 2010 at 12:15 PM  

Goodness! No fun at all! We went a month in the Texas heat without A/C because our guy decided he didn't want to work on our job any more and home warranty said he was the only person they could use... It was nice.. I feel your pain, but you made the best of a rotten day with your kids. They'll remember that great attitude some day!

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

This blog is to use for my 365 project. I hope I manage to keep up with it, forgive me if I don't!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP