Wednesday, January 13, 2010

day thirteen

All right, I'm just going to come clean. I'm an appliance junkie. I cannot be stopped. My intentions are good, I swear. Anytime we need new appliances, I start out looking at low-mid range items. I'll find something that is, say, $400. I'll think, 'well, what a great deal! It does abc and is only $400!" Next thing you know, I'm innocently browsing in the $500-600 range. "WOW! This does abc AND xyz!! Unbelievable!!" And I mean, really, when you're already spending $400 you may as well spend the extra $200 to make sure you get the best appliance possible. After all, we will have it FOREVER, right?! That is what I tell myself anyway. Unfortunately, by the time I'm done, I've usually set my heart on a machine that does abc, def, tuv, wxyz. It's a real problem. (luckily it only seems to apply to appliances!!) So when our dryer finally gave out this week, I started agonizing over dryers. I originally wanted Samsung since that's what we have in our kitchen and we've been extremely happy. (I mean, of course we're happy! It's top of the line Samsung. See above.) After a lot of browsing, though, I kind of became obsessed with Electrolux and then LG.



This was no easy task. We drove an hour each way for it. We were so late getting home that Jon only had time to throw it into the living room. WHAT!! Wait a whole day to use it?? I think not. Somehow I managed to move our old dryer (I had to take it apart to fit it through the door) and then I moved the new one down a flight of stairs. It weighs 140 pounds and I weigh 90 pounds. It almost crushed me but in the end I was victorious. Like I said, I'm an appliance junkie. Of course I kind of wish I went with the wild cherry lg but I know if I had bought that one I'd be wishing I bought the Electrolux. There is just no winning with me.


7 comments:

Shannon Joy January 14, 2010 at 8:52 AM  

Appliance junkie... LOVE it!!! Congrats on your new baby!

Brandie January 14, 2010 at 9:03 AM  

Oh, this mdae me laugh! It is exactly what I would do. I have NO patience. I am in love with the LG steam washer. LOVE. Happy washing!

Laurie January 14, 2010 at 7:09 PM  

Oh gosh. We are in the same weight class and there is NO WAY I could have done that! And I'm jealous. I seem to always have expensive taste. I just keep waiting/hoping our washer and dryer will break.

AimeeJ January 14, 2010 at 9:23 PM  

I'm the same way with electronics!

Melissa Weber January 14, 2010 at 9:23 PM  

That is so funny! I'm jealous of your dryer. :)

wenderful January 14, 2010 at 10:07 PM  

Saweeet dryer! I'm so not in your weight class and I would never be able to maneuver that thing down a flight of stairs. Kudos to you!

Lisa January 15, 2010 at 10:01 AM  

Oh my word. You're brave to move that thing down the stairs!!!! Great dryer, though! :o)

Post a Comment

Followers

About This Blog

This blog is to use for my 365 project. I hope I manage to keep up with it, forgive me if I don't!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP